Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nonsenscial Rant

So today I walked in to class cold turkey. Although, I had actually prepared a lesson, but it was too much work so I switched it at the VERY last minute. I emailed myself this really cool website that had English speaking games on it. Before I well and truly get into my rant, I must explain the English Center where I work. On Wednesday's we get the kids from the elementary school that we are joined with. The other days we get kids from the surrounding schools. So as today is Wednesday, we have our home grown kids. So go into class and I pre-teach the game. All the while there is a Korean teacher wlking around "supervising." So I pull the website and we begin to play the game. Korean teacher comes back and so Vice Pricipal, numerous times. So as I teaching the Korean teacher comes back with a pen and pad and precedes to WRITE down the website, that I researched for my many minutes. Yes, I know it is a website and therefore I cannot claim owership, considering I didn't even design it, but.....I have this to say to Korean teachers who pinch websites. Why? You have so many more resources! You speak korean and English. You are in your country. You understand the written language of this country. So why would you take a English speaking website from someone who has done hours of research and brain-racking? Why?

No comments: