Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"It's A Small World, After All...."

So today at work, I work in a photo lab, I was asked to do a passport picture so I took the customary three shots, and merrily skipped my way to the machine to print them out. As I editing them within passport guidelines, I asked, as I do with eveyone, where she was headed. Her reply was...."Korea." Could have knocked me down with a feather. So I then asked her what part she said "Yeongju." I was almost jumping up and down for, "Yeongju, with a Y?" She looked at me a little strangely at this point and said, "No, with a W."
Is it not amazing that the first passport picture I take after I received my VISA number is of another person who is heading to a consulate to get a visa? Wow. So we preceded to chat for a few minutes and she told me about some real cool phrase books she and her husband liked. You can guess what I did immediately after leaving work......bookstore bound. I went and bout them and even picked up a couple more I thought were interesting looking.
It really is a small world. Or should I say a small town near an Army base?

No comments: